Monday, January 29, 2007

How did it go?

Well, the first Crafting Cacophony had a modest, quiet beginning, but I thoroughly enjoyed the day. I spent the afternoon crafting with Leah and Stephanie. It was a great beginning!

So what did we do?

Leah was busy updating her scrapbook with vacation pictures from this year. Her book is way more up to date than mine, so I think she's doing great. It's so fun to sort through vacation pictures - and remember what sunshine felt like!




Stephanie came straight from her cake decorating class, and blessed us with wedding cake to eat. Yummy! I was in awe of her cake-making/decorating talent! It was beautiful!



Even though she brought a craft to eat, she had more to do. Stephanie had a class scrapbook to work on for her daughter's preschool.


And for me... I worked on my sewing machine's very first project. I'm making a baby blanket/wrap for my friend's new baby. This has taken me WAY longer to make than it should because I'm not a direction-follower. I didn't buy the recommended fabric, but I didn't buy the recommended amount. Unfortunately, mine shrank when I washed it, so I didn't have enough. Nice. So, I used all my scrap fabric and made a patchwork piece big enough for the part I needed. This took me so long (compared to what it would have to cut out two pieces of flannel, since this is patchwork on the front and back). I wasn't planning on making a quilt for this baby! I'm still not done - I have yet to do the bias tape part.

I just realized that there not any pictures of me, so I went and took one:

It sure was a fun afternoon!
See you all the next Crafting Cacophony!

1 comment:

Andi @ udandi / Lunch It Punch It said...

It is so cool that you posted photos of your projects!

Sunday, I posted what I worked on (I figure I can be a "via blog" attendant) that day!